Before setting up this new blog, I kept up a Blogger-hosted blog for over five years. I changed its name a couple of times, but eventually settled on Retro-Forteana.
This new blog isn’t meant to be a direct replacement for the old one (the posts will probably be shorter and less frequent) but there will be a lot of overlap in subject-matter. Here’s a selection of recent posts from the old blog that are the sort of thing I might post on this new one:
- The Somerset Space Walk – an unusual tourist attraction near Taunton
- The Hell-Fire Club – spooky caves in West Wycombe
- The Museum of Witchcraft and Magic – an unusual museum in Cornwall
- The Enfield Haunting – an excellent TV miniseries, now on DVD
- The Loch Ness Centre and Exhibition – surprisingly serious and informative
- Ron Goulart’s Cheap Thrills – nostalgic paperbacks (as pictured above)
- Astronomical computers – astrolabes and human computers in Greenwich
- Contradiction: the All-Video Murder Mystery – an excellent video game
To see a full list of my 370+ Retro-Forteana posts, click here.